Monday, May 5, 2008

What's with the Blog name?

I figure that y'all are wondering about the name of the blog. Well, Sammy Sue was the nickname that one of my late uncles always called me. My real name is Tammy Sue, but for some reason my Uncle Doug always called me Sammy Sue. He was the only one to ever call me by this name and I guess it was just something special to me. You know something that was mine and only mine. In fact, he continued to call me Sammy Sue right up until his death a few years ago. It's funny but I actually called him Uncle Duck....I figure that started because I couldn't say Doug. Needless to say when I got older I began calling him by his correct name ( I guess that I didn't want to appear immature), but I never stopped being his Sammy Sue. The 63 part comes from the fact that I was born in 1963. I don't know why I tacked 63 on to the name ...... I guess I just liked the way it sounded. LOL

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so glad you decided to share this with us. I'm curious as to why you have kept it a secret for 2months! Weird! Your blog is beautiful. You are such a beautiful and gentle person and your blog reflects that. Love ya, Lots

Song of the South said...

Hey Tammy,
Your blog is beautiful! Isn't that just like you to have a blog and not tell anyone. I am so glad you decided to share. I think it is a great way to keep up with everyone in an increasingly busy world. I very much look forward to your posts Sammy Sue!
Love ya bunches, Cammy

Chuchy said...

I was going to ask! lol I did not know that your name was tammy sue. cool
love ya

Anonymous said...

I think your name for your blog is cute. I hope you are enjoying it. Don't feel any pressure from anyone else to post more or anything like that. This is your baby and your baby alone. Post when and if you get the chance and just enjoy it.