Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Pet's Health Scare

What a busy week I have had. I can't usually say that, but this week I can. On Tues. evening, we noticed that Clemmie's little dog, Skeeter, could hardly walk. He couldn't stand up on his back legs. Our first thought was that a snake had bit him....but there was no sign of a bite. We got a big box and brought him inside for the night. He ate his food and drank water, but he couldn't stand. The next morning Clemmie and I took him to the vet and he wanted to keep him. Skeeter looked so scared, but it was best to leave him. We went today and picked him up......he was so glad to see us! Dr. Watson (the vet) said that it was tick paralysis. We really hadn't seen that many ticks on him, but as long as Skeeter was better.......that was all that mattered. He was so glad when we got him home! I think that sometimes we take our pets for granted, but when they get hurt or sick......it really hits home just how much a part of our family they really are!!



4 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm glad he's okay. Would you like some birds. We have four;)

Song of the South said...

I remember when that happened. It is so neat to read it on your blog as if it just happened. I was really glad when skeeter turned out to be just fine. Darn those ticks! My daddy's dog Bandit (the father of the famous Bailey) was missing yesterday for several hours. I was really scared he had been snake bitten after what we saw in the woods. Thank God he came back around dark with cuts on his face. He was really dirty. We surmise that he had been in a hole with an armadilla. I am so glad God took care of him just like Skeeter. Love ya, Cammy

Chuchy said...

Aww poor puppy. I am so happy you got a blog! now I can put you my blog list.
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I literally stop breathing until I see my babies breath. The thought of things like happening them are the things nightmares are made of for me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I love my animals as much as I would my own flesh and blood. I am SOOOO happy to hear Skeeter is ok!!!!!