Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Different Kind of Shabbos

Well, I haven't posted in about a month....I don't know how everyone with blogs find the time. This was a rather different kind of Shabbos. We went to Bruce's sister's house to celebrate Father's Day with his folks. We had hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and homemade pound cake. It was great to see everyone, especially Billie Alice and her family, who we had not seen since December. She is Bruce's baby sister. After the rain stopped, they all wanted to swim in the pool......so me, Bruce and Alex came on home. We let Clemmie stay and come home later with some of the others. She really loves to swim and play with her cousins! When we got home Bruce and I decided that we would take a nap. We slept for about an hour and then I asked Bruce to go with me to the cemetery to take some fresh flowers to Daddy's grave. He drove me down there and it was really comforting to have him with me, because even though Daddy died in 2004.......it still hurts. It doesn't seem that it will ever feel right to drive down to that place and look at that headstone with the names of my Mama and Daddy on it. Well, I guess that I have said quite enough about this most different Shabbos.




Photobucket






I would like to say Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, Bruce! I would also like to tell all my friends that you should not let this weekend go by without telling your Dad how much he means to you....if your are lucky enough to still be able to talk to him.















3 comments:

Sandy said...

This post touched me to the core. I am sorry you had a rough day. You and Bruce have such a wonderful connection, I am glad he was there for you. Thanks for the reminder, as a child I was a 'daddy's girl' but now we never make time for one another. I really should go see him and call more often.

Song of the South said...

Oh Tammy. I am so sorry you had such a hard day. I am so sorry for your pain. From the things you have told me, your Daddy was a very special man. I know he will live on the your heart and in your childrens heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy. I just got home and saw that you now have a blog. I hope you enjoy it. To be able to express days like this is a type of therapy. You get your feelings out on "paper" and you share with those who care about you the most. I appreciate your sharing this with us. We were at the beach on Father's Day so we were all together and we definitely do not take those times for granted because they are so special. I image that each Father's and Mother's day throughout your life will be bitter sweet now that both of them are gone. You loved them so much and miss them terribly. I think that is why you are treasuring every moment now with your family and enjoying homeschooling. You are creating the tightest of bonds that even death cannot break. Love you girl!