Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pea-Picking Time!

Bruce picked the first peas of the season from our garden today and I have just finished shelling them! I bet everyone can guess what I'll be cooking for supper tomorrow night.
There was only a handful, but hopefully since we have been getting some rain there will be lots more. Is there anything better than a pot of fresh peas, fried okra, sliced tomatoes and corn bread? I hope that I can find some okra .... maybe I can get by one of the curb markets tomorrow. It's getting rather late so I'd better go. Bye!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Mmmmm Now, that's my kind of supper. You've got my mouth watering! I think I need to go to the farmers market to pick some up. Wish I had a garden on my own this year, Oh well. One of my favorite things is picking supper fresh from the garden. It's so rewarding and sooo delicious.

Song of the South said...

ooohhhh Tammy! That sounds so good. The only thing I can think that would perfect that is..........you guessed it........fresh creamed field corn added right beside those peas! I am still getting winter veggies like onions, carrots and stuff but the only thing summer that I have gotten so far is peppers. I am keeping the farmers market busy though! I have eaten fresh tomatos and banana pepppers with every meal for two weeks.

Chuchy said...

OMG that sounds sooo good! I think I would add some mashed taters!