Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Content Feeling!

I am finally beginning to feel that the void in my life is once again being filled. For the past 3 Shabbats, we have attended services at Agudath. We have gone to either Friday evening or Saturday morning services each week. I truly love the services and everyone is making us feel so welcome. It is very important to me to have a place that I can go to fellowship and gather with people who love G-d. While it is true that we don't need a physical place in order to worship G-d, I believe that it is important (at least for me) to be able to gather together with others and share in worship. Even though we had been to Chabad several times and really enjoy the services there, I was anxious about Agudath and whether or not we would feel at home there. Our first visit there I was able to put my fears aside. We were made to feel so welcome. Each week as we go back, more and more folks welcome us. I do believe that this is where HaShem is leading us.
I am so excited about the fact that we have started going and will be able to have a place to go for the High Days that will soon be upon us. The memories from this time last year are not good ones and I am hoping to make wonderful new ones this year. I experienced something new at the services last evening. Rabbi Kramer talked to us about Tu B'Av (the Jewish Valentine's Day). He had gotten long-stemmed red roses and had all of the men come up and get a rose and some chocolates for their wives. It is the most beautiful red rose! The Rabbi was so sweet to do that for us and so sweet to also present roses to all of the older ladies who were there alone.
Rabbi Kramer also began what he said would be a series of talks about the Shema. He shared some rather interesting Midrashic tidbits about the Shema with us. I hope to be able to be there and hear as he builds on this teaching. I guess that I don't have to keep saying it, but I am so happy to now have a place to go. I look forward to each and every weekend now....there for a while the Sabbath made me sad...something that simply wasn't right.
Shavua Tov!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Baruch Hashem!!! I love you and are so happy you are comfortable and welcomed in our community. They really are a beautiful group of people.

Chuchy said...

I am glad you could come to shul
love ya

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy, I just love you so much. I am so happy that you are feeling so welcome there. I know that being part of a fellowship is important to you. I also remember how bad the Holy Days were for you last year and I know this year will make up for that 100 times over. Everything happens for a reason. I wish only the very best for you and your family as you continue to walk closer and closer to Hashem.

I am so sorry I have been a bit more out of touch. Please don't take it personally!!! I need to learn to be a better friend and not let my crazy schedule get in the way. I do consider you one my closest friends and I care about you more than I show sometimes.

Love you.
Jen