Sunday, August 17, 2008

Upcoming Anniversary!

This Tuesday, August 19, Bruce and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary. Needless to say, I am spending a lot of time thinking about the past 20 years. I often have a hard time remembering things, but I can recall everything about that day back in 1988. We married on a Friday evening at Calvary Baptist Church in Georgiana. The church was decorated with peach colored flowers and greenery. It was so beautiful. I wasn't nervous at all, until it was time to walk down the aisle and I saw my Daddy crying. It made me want to cry too, but I couldn't.... I was so happy. Bruce, on the other hand, was quite nervous.....at least that is what I have been told. You all know how shy he is now....you should have seen him then! LOL

It has been a wonderful 20 years and I wouldn't change a thing. Bruce is a terrific husband, friend, father and provider and I dearly love him. He is one of a kind and that is one of the things that makes him so special. He walks to the beat of his own drum and doesn't try to fit into anyone's mold. I could go on and on talking about my husband and how much I LOVE him, but all of you already know that about me. I am going to try and add a slideshow of some of our wedding photos for all of you to see.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

He is just as equally as blessed as you are. Mazel Tov on 20 more, and many blessings on the next 50! I can't believe he was more shy then, I just assumed he developed this way. I just can't believe it! I love, love, love the slide show. You guys were soooooooooooo young! Love ya, Sandy

Song of the South said...

Happy Early Anniversary! What a beautiful couple you were! You are still a beautiful couple. May God bless you with 20 more wonderful years together.
Love and Hugs, Cammy

Chuchy said...

Happy anniversary!!
The slide show is so sweet!
love you
chelsea

Anonymous said...

Oops, I got so excited about seeing your pictures that I commented about them on the first blog post I read. Silly me. I feel that marriage is God's greatest gift to us. We are all so richly blessed.