Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!

Well, I guess we will start with yesterday. It was certainly not a typical Shabbat. First, Bruce and I had to drive to Montgomery for a mandatory parent meeting at Evangel for the new school year. Not only did we have to drive up on the Sabbath, but we had to drive in all of the rain and wind from tropical storm "Fay". The bright part of this day was that it was Alex's 17th birthday. Yes, that is right my baby boy is now 17 and about to begin his senior year of high school! I can hardly believe it....seems like only yesterday that Bruce and I brought him home from the hospital. The remainder of the day was filled with wind and rain...lots and lots of rain.

As far as today goes, well the sun is shining now and the rain seems to have moved
on for the time being. I began my day by listening to my favorite .....Rabbi Greenbaum. His live lesson and chat started about 10am and concluded a little after noon. After lunch, I began preparing for tomorrow....which is when we plan to begin school. I gathered all of Clemmie's books and started preparing my lesson plans...at least for the 1st week. Alex has cleared his desk and is ready to begin......I still can't believe that this is his 12th grade year! I certainly hope that I can follow through and get started tomorrow.....it is so hard to get going....but I know that we have to do it.

Tomorrow...hopefully the school bell will ring around 9am here at "Croley Academy". This year Clemmie will have math, science, spelling, language, history and health. Alex's classes consist of physics, American government and economics, language arts, health, consumer mathematics, advanced math and the CompTia A+ certification (computer) classes. I may have omitted something, but I hope not since that looks like quite enough work to me. I have not yet prepared any lesson plans for Alex, but he can get started without them. We are also considering Alex taking some dual enrollment classes at a college located in Evergreen. We didn't check into it soon enough for the fall quarter, but perhaps the winter quarter will be available.

Shavua Tov!!


3 comments:

Song of the South said...

Sounds as if you are a busy lady! I hope everything works out for Alex to take dual enrollment classes. I have several friends who have done that with their homeschooled children. As far as I know it has always worked out very well. Alex is a smart young man and he will probably enjoy it! So, how was your first day in school?
Love ya, Cammy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Alex!!!!!

Tammy - this is the first chance I have gotten to get on your blog. Life has been wild here lately.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding pictures. Geeze girl, your hubby is super duper cute. I always wonder what men look like under the beards. You two make the sweetest couple. My favorite picture was the one of you guys cutting your cake. You look exactly the same which is crazy. You seriously age good, hope I do that well but I am aleady seeing lots of aging signs. I'll have to steal your idea and put pictures of Jeff and I on there because I just loved seeing yours.

Love you girl!
Jen

Chuchy said...

WOW I thought I had a lot of school! I only have math, biology history ( not sure what kind.), grammar, reading, and I have to wright all kinds of papers on whatever mom, dad, or armon deicide. lol
This year has gone by so fast!