Sunday, August 3, 2008

First Visit to Agudath


A few weeks ago Bruce and I had a meeting with Rabbi Kramer, the Rabbi of Agudath Israel-Etz Ahayem. It was a really good meeting and we left feeling that we would be completely welcome anytime that we wanted to visit. We decided that this past weekend would be the week that we would go for a visit. Bruce, Alex, Clemmie and I went for services on Friday night and it was so good. Rabbi Kramer goes somewhat slower than they do at Chabad........ so I was able to almost keep up. LOL
After the service was over, everyone was so nice and made us feel so welcome.
Mrs. Irene, the Rabbi's wife, was especially sweet and wanted to take us home for dinner, but we told her maybe next time. She asked if I knew that she was a convert and offered to help us and answer any questions that we might have. I felt very comfortable there and do plan to go back. Is this the place for us.....I don't know yet, but I do know that it was so great to be able to go somewhere and feel so welcome. Looking forward to next Shabbat!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so glad you went this weekend. I knew it would be a good experience. Our family at AI-EA are wonderful and they will welcome you with open arms.
Love ya!

Chuchy said...

I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time! I am so happy you had a good time.
love you
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

I just laugh (well sort of) each time I think about the way the Rabbi treated me at his house. After hearing he thought I was you and was trying to do his job by persuading a potential convert, I understood a lot better. But considering the way he talked to me, I was really worried that he would be mean to you and it is such a relief to hear he has been welcoming. His wife is a jewel!!! She sent me the sweetest note after the shower. I know you will continue to be welcome because you are such a nice family, it would be hard for people to not welcome you.